Evil Twin Brewing 'I Love You With My Stout'

Evil Twin I Love You Imperial Stout 1
Evil Twin Brewing 'I Love You With My Stout' Imperial Stout. 12% abv. Black in color. Nearly two fingers of tan foamy head. Excellent retention and lace. Nose of dark chocolate, roasted malt, alcohol. Front taste of sweet dark chocolate, vanilla, brewed coffee. Aftertaste of bittersweet chocolate, sweet cream, espresso, notes of oak. Medium-full body. Mouthfeel is hot, creamy, sticky.

This is an exceptional imperial stout. The chocolate and coffee flavor are tall, fresh, and sweet with low bitter at the start. The aftertaste is complex with several big flavors taking turns on my tongue. The big mouthfeel adds to the bold flavor profile, making for a dessert-style brew. Outstanding. Strongly recommended.

From the brewery:

“When I copied the famous Even More Jesus, I had to ask myself as an artist, why am I doing this? I didn’t honestly know. It was just an instinct about beer as pure form… in a sense this stout is like a metaphor for freedom - the sum of all the beauty that surrounds me and my perfect contemporary existence.” 
- Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø, Brewer and founder of Evil Twin Brewing
[source: eviltwin.dk]


Evil Twin I Love You Imperial Stout 2


Evil Twin I Love You Imperial Stout 3


Evil Twin I Love You Imperial Stout 4


Evil Twin I Love You Imperial Stout 5
I enjoyed this incredible imperial stout with a fine cigar. I highly recommend this pairing.






0 comments: